Thursday, June 20, 2013

Roman Medicine:An Ancient Practice

By the first century BC, the centre of civilization shifted to Rom. The Romans borrowed their medicine largely from the Greeks whom they had conquered. While the politics of the world became Roman, medicine remained Greek. In the political philosophy of the romans the state and not the individual was supreme. The Romans were a more practical- minded people than the Greeks. They had a keen since of sanitation. Public health was born in Rom with development of Baths, sewers and Aqueducts . The Romans made fine roads through out their empire, Brought pure water to all their cities. Through Aqueducts, drained marshes to combat Malaria, Boilt sewerage systems and established hospitals for the sick.

An outstanding figure among Roman medical teachers was Galen (130-205AD) who was born in the Greek city of pergamon in Asia minor (now Turkey). He was physician to the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius. His important contributions were in the field of comparative anatomy and experimental physiology. Galen was far ahead of his time in his views about health and diseases. About health he stated; “Since both in importants and intime, health precedes disease, so we out to consider first how health may be preserved and then how one may based cure disease” about disease Galen observed that disease is due to three factors- Predisposing, exciting and environmental factors, a truly modern idea. The doctrines of Hippocrates and Galen were often in conflict since their approaches were so different- one is synthetic, the other analytic. An author of some 500 treatises on medical subjects, Galen was literally a “ Medical dictato”r in his time, and also for a long time there – after. His writings influenced Europian medicine. They were accepted as standard text books in medicine for 14 centuries till his teaching and views were challenged by the anatomist, Vesalius in 1543, and the physiologist, William Harvey in 1628, almost 1500 years after his death. 



http://www.visitpayment.com/index.php?refcode=8544

4 comments:

  1. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine,I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer, HIV /Aids, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative, because it compresses most of the information needed and I already have known that, the best solution to Paralysis is herbal medicines. My family and I are proof to this including Rex my friend.
    I came to trust Nze Njoku Herbal Home after many months that, they have healed my friend from Pain and Arthritis without any aftereffect.
    So I also contacted Nze Njoku for herbal treatment for my father who have suffered paralysis for 6years.
    My father took this herbal medicine from Nze Njoku Herbal Home without any lifestyle change which healed him of paralysis within 4weeks.
    As I write this my father is doing great on his feet and most importantly he has started his business effectively as if nothing happened to him.
    Feel free to contact him on;
    nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. QuickBooks behaves abnormally when any error encounters Quickbooks. One such error is Quickbooks Error Code C=44 and this error usually appears due to system lockup or power failure while using Quickbooks. If the problem still exists, and you are not able to fix Quickbooks Error C=44 . You can reach out to Quickbooks enterprise support number at +1-888-485-0289.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The above blog was amazing. It provided me with great detail of the services provided by ConnectCenter. I would be recommending this blog to every person I know.https://myconnectcenter.com/practice-management

    ReplyDelete