Thursday, June 20, 2013

Mesopotamian Medicine: History of Medicine

Contemporary with ancient Egyptian civilization, their existed another civilization in the land which lies between Euphrates and Tigris rivers, Mesopotamia (now part of Iraq) , often called the “ Cradles of civilization” , as long 6000 years ago. In ancient Mesopotamia, the basic concepts of medicine were religious, and taught and practiced by Herb doctors, knife doctors and spell doctors- a classification that roughly paralles our own internists, surgeons and psychiatrists. Mesopotamia was the cradle of magic and necromancy. Medical students were busy in classifying “Demons” the causes of diseases. Geomancy, the interpretation of dreams, and hepatoscopic divination “The liver was considered the seat of life” are characteristics of their medical lore. Sumerians, Babylonians and Aserians were the authors of a medical astrology which flourished in the whole of Eurasia. Prescriptions were retained on tablets, in cuneiform writing. The oldest medical prescriptions comes to us from Mesopotamia, dating back to 2100 BC

Hammurabi, a great king of Baylon who lived around 2000 BC formulated a set of drastic laws known as the court of Hammurabi that govern the conduct of physician and provided for Health practiced . Doctors whose proposed therapy proved wrong ran the risk of being killed. Laws relating to medical practice , including fees payable to physicians for satisfactory services and penalties for harmful therapy are contained in the Babylonian court of Hummurabi the very first codification of medical practice, while the code of Hummurabi reflected a high degree of social organization the medicine of his time was devoid of any scientific foundation. 



http://www.visitpayment.com/index.php?refcode=8544

7 comments:

  1. hello im asking how to make a paper airplane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good-day viewers that is reading this article, i want to share to the world how this great man save me from HERPES VIRUS 1/2 3years back i was battling with this terrible and disastrous disease which was so detesting,well on my aid of looking for solution all my effort conceived nothing, I was devastated but one day out of great enthusiasm i saw this intrigue testimonies about Dr Itohan so afterwards i contacted Dr Itohan on his emails: (greatcureman@gmail com) I explained myself to him and i obeyed all his instruction without protesting any further he assured me that all will be fine and that was it,i was totally cure when i used the herbal medicine that was sent to me,Thank so much sir Dr Itohan for your help, Dr Itohan also cures several diseases such as EBV,VAGINITIS, LOW SPERM COUNT, ALL KIND OF STDS, HIV AIDS, HEPATITIS B & C, DIABETES,CANCERS  And many more diseases, incase you are going through this same infections don't hesitate to contact him right  now and get cured.He's a good man and can also advice you on how to handle your marital issues thanks
    reach his mobile or  whatsapp Him on +2348152855846
    E-mail    greatcureman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here to give my testimony about Dr Ebhota who helped me.. i want to inform the public how i was cured from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) by salami, i visited different hospital but they gave me list of drugs like Famvir, Zovirax, and Valtrex which is very expensive to treat the symptoms and never cured me. I was browsing through the Internet searching for remedy on HERPES and i saw comment of people talking about how Dr Ehbota cured them. when i contacted him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that i took for just 2 weeks and it seriously worked for me, my HERPES result came out negative. I am so happy as i am sharing this testimony. My advice to you all who thinks that there is no cure for herpes that is Not true just contact him and get cure from Dr Ebhota healing herbal cure of all kinds of sickness you may have like
    (1) CANCER,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) CANCER,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA
    (10)SIMPLEX HERPES AND GENITAL
    (11)COLD SORE
    HERPES. he also cure my friend from cervical cancer Email: drebhotasoultion@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348089535482

    ReplyDelete
  4. Programmed ATM Cards
    Do you know that you can hack any ATM machine !!!
    We have specially programmed ATMs that can be used to withdraw money at ATMs, shops and points of sale. We sell these cards to all our customers and interested buyers all over the world, the cards have a withdrawal limit every week.
    Getting rich and living the rich and famous lifestyle is a dream of many people. And while most people go to work or look for other ethical methods to make money on ATM-programmed cards.
    The programmed ATMs withdraw money from each ATM but have a withdrawal limit every week, only your PIN code is in it, it is a high-tech card system. The PROGRAMMED ATM card works on all card-based ATMs, anywhere in the world.
    Email: atmservices44@aol.com
    Email: hacklords.investors@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Words will not be enough for me to appreciate Doctor Abolo of Abolospell@gmail.com who lives in Africa, for the successful spells he has been casting for me, I have never trusted any anybody, the way I trust him. This great dr was the one that saved my marriage. If you use him, I promise, you will trust him too. Any spell he cast for me is 100%. I see results the very same day. He also cured me from a deadly virus (HSV), a virus I have known as a medical, it doesn’t have a cure, he cured a patient I introduced to him to get pregnant after 15 years of marriage. He has active herbal remedies for diseases, infections and viruses. you can get him via; Email: Abolospell@gmail.com or you may decide to send him a msg on whatsapp here +27743411428. thanks doctor you are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a great herbal man called Dr voodoo who can cure Hepatitis B virus and other deadly diseases with the use of natural herbs to cure Hepatitis B virus problems. He is from Africa and he is a great doctor and he can also cure you as well if you are have the problem And other deadly disease and here is email address voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or Whatsapp +2348140120719 HERPES CURE,CANCER CURE,HIV/AIDS CURE,HPV CURE

    ReplyDelete