Thursday, June 20, 2013

History of Medicine in Ancient Greek

The classic period of Greek medicine was the year 460-136 BC. The Greeks enjoyed the reputation the civilizers of the ancient old. They taught men to think in terms of “Why?” And “How?”. And early leader in Greek Medicine was Aesculapius, (1200 BC) . Aseculatius bore to daughters/ Hygia and Panasia. The medical historian Douglas Guthrie has reminded us of the legend that Hygia was worshiped as the Goddess of Health and Panasia as the Goddess of Medicine. Panasia and Hygia gave rise to dynasties of healers (Curative medicine) and hygienists ( Preventive Medicine) with different philosophies. Thus, the dichotomy between curative medicine and preventive medicine began early and we know it remains true today. Hygia (Prevention) is act present fashionable among the intellectuals. But Panasia( Cure) gets the cash Aesculapius is still cherished in medical circles- his staff, entwined by a serpent continues to be the symbol of medicine.

By far the greatest physician in Greek medicine was Hippocrates (460-370BC) which often called the father of medicine. He was born on the little Island of Cos, in the Aegean sea, about 460 BC. He studied and classified diseases based on observation and reasoning he challenged the tradition of magic in medicine and initiated a radically new approach to medicine i.e., application of clinical methods in medicine. Hippocrates lectures and writing, as compiled letter by Alexandrian scholars into the “ Corpus Hippocraticum” in compassed all branches of medicines. This 72-volume work contains the first scientific clinical case histories. Some of the saying of Hippocrates letter became favorites with physicians, such as; “Life is short, the art (of medicine) long. Opportunity fleeting, experience treacherous and Judgement difficult”, and “ where there is love for mankind, there is love for the art of healing”. His famous oath, the “ Hippocratic oath “has become the key stone medical ethics. It sets a high moral standard for the medical profession and demands absolute integrity of doctors. Hippocrates will always be regarded as one of the masters of the medical art.

Hippocrates was also an Epidemiologist. Since, he distinguished between diseases which were epidemic and those which were endemic, he was , in fact, the first true epidemiologist. He was constantly seeking the causes of diseases. He studied such things as climate, water, clothing, Diet, habits of eating and drinking and the effect they had in producing diseases. His book “Airs, water and places” is considered a treatise on social medicine and hygiene Hippocratic concept of health and diseases stressed the relation between man and his environment. In short, the Greeks gave a new directions to medical thought. They rejected the supernatural theories diseases and looked upon diseases as a natural process, not a visitation form good of immolation. The Greeks believed that matter was made up of four elements- earth,air, fire and water.These elements had the corresponding qualities of being cold, dry, hot and moist and were represented in the body by the four humors- phlegm, yellow bile, blood and black bile- similar to the “ Tridosha theory’ in Ayurbeda. The Greeks postulated that health prevailed when the four humors were in equilibrium and when the balance was disturbed, diseases was the result. The Human body was assumed to have powers of restoration of humoral equilibrium, and it was the physicians primary role to assist in this healing process. While the humoral theory of Hippocrates was based on incorrect foundations, the concept of the innate capacity of the body of responding to disturbances in the equilibrium that constitutes health is highly relevant to modern medicine. Outstanding amongst post-Hipporatic medical centre was Alexanderia’s huge museum the first University in the world which sheltered a library containing over 70000 books. To this house of learning theme eminent men. Between 300BC and 30 Bc, thousands of pupils matriculated in the schools of Alexanderia, which replaced Athens as the world’s centre of learning. In short, the Hippocratic school inspired in turn the Alexanderia school and the Arabo-Persian medicine . The Hippocratic School changed the destiny of medicine by separating it from magic and raising it to the status of a science. They had scientific method, although not scientific knowledge. The glorious greek civilization feel into decay and was succeeded by the roman civilization





http://www.visitpayment.com/index.php?refcode=8544

14 comments:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Am jeremiah, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of hepatitis B and liver cirhosis. his name is Dr oniha. My wife was diagnose of hepatities two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr oniha recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb. You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at dronihaspell@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Ehiaguna the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Ehiaguna write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Ehiaguna instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

      Delete
  2. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine use too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine,I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that i have received my herbal medicine so he instructs me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cure my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed to that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer, Alzheimer's disease, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer, HIV /Aids, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black Latte Coffee este una dintrecelemaibunemodalități de aardegrăsime de burtă. Încercați-l înfiecaredimineațășifacețiexercițiizilnicepentruaobține rapid rezultate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was diagnose 2017 and find out I’m HIV positive.I was scared because
    there is no cure for HIV/AIDS but today some people still don’t
    believe that there is cure for HIV, it can only be cured through
    Africans root and herbs,and our doctor’s here in USA few of them
    know’s about the African herbal medicine can cure Hiv but they chooses
    to hide it from us just to make a sales of ARV DRUGS. I did a research
    online finding way to get rid of my disease,I saw a comment about a
    herbal doctor on internet Name Dr alabi who has cured several disease
    with his powerful herbal medicine, I contacted him on whats-app, chat
    with him explain my self to him.He said he can cure hiv perfectly well
    , he gave me his request which i send to him. within 5 days he sent me
    the herbal medicine through ups courier delivering service And told me
    how to take the medicine for 2 weeks to get cured,I did for 2 weeks,
    within this 2 weeks i notice a very big change in my health and i new
    some thing great has happened then i went to confirm my result it was
    absolutely Negative.The doctor who new i was hiv positive was asking
    me how come i am negative, what did it took to get cure and were did i
    get this medicine from and how did i get rid of it I told him every
    thing about the herbal medicine that cure me. imagine doctor telling
    me not to let anyone know about it,I wasn’t shock though i knew they
    know about the herbal cure but choose to hide it in other to make sales
    on ARV DRUGS,if you are HIV positive please contact my savior
    dr.alabiherbalhome@gmail.com or WHATSAPP him through this number +2348115204568

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a wonderful share. Your article has proved your hard work and experience you have got in this field. Brilliant .i love it reading. superdrol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never give up in life they all say no cure to HSV 2 which is a big lie I have pass through many process also i never believe there is really cure to HERPES until I meet Dr.Ehiaguna the doctor that have been helping many people for many years, I come across this doctor online when I was searching for cure online I found out about this man, and to my greatest surprise this man have the herbal medicine which I have been looking for years I explain my problem to him through the email I found on someone who testify about him also, Dr.Ehiaguna write me a reply and explain how the process work so after ordering for the medicine I got it within 4 days and I took it according to the way Dr.Ehiaguna instructed, I was so happy after two week I took the medicine there was very big change in my health when I was done with the process I go for test, I found out I am negative that was the day I have the tears of joy you can also get in contact with my doctor through his email now drehiaguna@gmail.com or you can also WhatsApp him +2348073908953. And He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases; eczema,urethra wart,chronic problems.Herpes, Cancer, Als,Hepatitis, Diabetes, HPV,Infections,ulcer  ETC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very informative, because it compresses most of the information needed and the best solution to Paralysis still remains herbal medicines.
    I became more convinced in herbal medicines because of NZE NJOKU HERBAL HOME.
    I have also contacted Nze Njoku for herbal treatment for my grandfather who had suffered paralysis caused by stroke for eight years.
    My grandfather took herbal medicines from Nze Njoku Herbal Home as he's instructed without any lifestyle change which healed him of paralysis within nine weeks.
    As I write this my grandfather is doing great on his feet and most importantly he has started his business effectively as if nothing happened to him.
    Feel free to contact them on;
    nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The above blog was amazing. It provided me with great detail of the services provided by ConnectCenter. I would be recommending this blog to every person I know.https://myconnectcenter.com/practice-management

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Asian Medical Institute is a medical educational school situated in Kyrgyzstan, a nation located in Central Asia. The institution is recognized for its provision of medical education and training to students from both domestic and international backgrounds. The institution provides a range of academic programs in many medical disciplines, encompassing general medicine and dentistry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Among the best universities in Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia is Osh State University. It's well-known for having a wide variety of students from all over the world enrolled in its many courses of study. Some highlights of Osh State University are as follows.

    ReplyDelete
  11. In Dhaka, Bangladesh, a busy city, East West Medical College (EWMC) is a well-known school whose goal is to provide excellent medical care and information. This well-known medical college has been around since 1999 and is dedicated to training highly skilled medical workers. We will talk about the history, academic programs, facilities, and important legacy of East West Medical College in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The origins of International Medical College may be traced all the way back to the turn of the millennium, to the year 2000. The college was established to fill a need for a high-caliber medical education in Bangladesh and abroad. It's grown into a prestigious school with a long history of academic success.

    ReplyDelete